IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute

ivl.se
Change search
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • harvard1
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf
Self-declarations of environmental classification at Fass.se
IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute.
IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute.
2023 (English)Report (Other academic)
Abstract [en]

Since 2005, Sweden has a unique environmental classification system for pharmaceutical substances. It is a self-declaration system where each pharmaceutical company is responsible for their own environmental information, which is published on the open web-based portal www.Fass.se. Prior to publication the environmental risk assessments are reviewed by IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute as an independent, external part. The present report describes the experiences from the review process during the year 2021. 

In 2021, 406 environmental risk assessments (ERAs) were sent in for review. 64% of the reviewed assessments received the comment no remarks and were recommended to be published, whereas the other 36% were recommended to be corrected before publication.

The number of unique substances that were published at Fass.se during 2021 was 394. Of these substances 50% were exempted from classification, 28% were classified regarding environmental risk, and 22% could not gain any classification due to lack of data. 

The work of improving the review system is an on-going process. As a part of this work IVL performs studies and activities to increase the knowledge of pharmaceuticals in the environment. 

Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
Göteborg: IVL Svenska Miljöinstitutet, 2023.
Series
C report ; C751
Keywords [en]
FASS; pharmaceuticals; environmental risk assessment; API; ERA
National Category
Environmental Sciences
Identifiers
URN: urn:nbn:se:ivl:diva-4186ISBN: 978-91-7883-486-0 (electronic)OAI: oai:DiVA.org:ivl-4186DiVA, id: diva2:1753022
Available from: 2023-04-25 Created: 2023-04-25 Last updated: 2023-04-25

Open Access in DiVA

fulltext(699 kB)48 downloads
File information
File name FULLTEXT01.pdfFile size 699 kBChecksum SHA-512
71b2ae07b26bcd126d42a3d7d6eff903e27c1fc06dd67070d11bf89ab27342cc92111b43784560cf98a9b8520aa4a8971ec25301892bdfcd06ff4000feede58f
Type fulltextMimetype application/pdf

Search in DiVA

By author/editor
Boll, KajsaHallberg, Eva
By organisation
IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute
Environmental Sciences

Search outside of DiVA

GoogleGoogle Scholar
Total: 49 downloads
The number of downloads is the sum of all downloads of full texts. It may include eg previous versions that are now no longer available

isbn
urn-nbn

Altmetric score

isbn
urn-nbn
Total: 159 hits
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • harvard1
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf